Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a kind of aster?

Hello,
    We are in our first summer in our house, and many, many flowers have come up.* We are unsure of so many!* Does anyone know what this is?* We have 3 clumps just like this one!* They are about 6 ft tall!* Is it a weed or flower?
    Thank you!

Without flowers it would be difficult to say, but I suspect it's some type of aster or sunflower.* Can you post pics of the flowers when it blooms?* Try and ger a close up photo of them.* Also let us know where this plant is growing.* If it's in the US, what state?*

Newt

Comment

Hello,
      THank you for replying. I forgot to mention that I am in Indiana, just west of Indianapolis.* Thank you!

Comment

Mandy, you might want to add your location and hardiness zone to your profile so you won't have to remember to tell us and we won't have to ask each time.* :)*

I'd love to see your new pics once they bloom.
        Newt

Comment

I updated my profile!* Thanks!

Comment

You are so very welcome!* :)* I should be thanking you as it makes it much easier for me.*

Newt

Comment

Hello,
              I think I got it identified!* A neighbor saw it, and told me it is goldenrod.* Who would have thought!* Must be because of the tops of it now.** I am attaching another picture.* The tops are just like the goldenrod I found online, just not golden yet.* What do you think?

Comment

That's really great news. *:dude: * I thought of goldenrod, but I have a dwarf variety so it doesn't get so tall.* You might consider cutting it back once or twice before July 4th so it won't be so tall when it blooms.* That will make it bloom about a week or two later as well.

Newt

Comment

Hi,* A horticulturalist from the extension office came over this morning.* This is in fact goldenrod.* She suggested pulling it out of where we don't want it!* She also said that it will take over a yard!* Just thought you'd like to know!*

Comment

Mandy, thanks for the update.**:)* I have a dwarf variety and it does tend to seed around, but I cut off the spent flower heads after bloom so it doesn't do that.* If you don't like it, of course get rid of it.

Glad to hear you have some help with id of your plants.* That's great.

Newt

Comment

Working...
                    X