Slug & Snail Control

Escar-Go!™ Slug & Snail Control
Now, nature’s secret slug control is available to home gardeners

Escar-Go! lures slugs with a naturally-occurring substance, then kills them within days.

Signature Product. Escar-Go! is a unique blend of iron phosphate (it occurs naturally in soil) and a bait that lures slugs and snails away from their hiding places.

Repeated studies have shown that these slimy mollusks will eat Escar-Go! before they will eat nearby plants. As soon as slugs and snails ingest even a small amount of Escar-Go!, they stop feeding and begin to die within 3 to 6 days. You may not see the dead slugs and snails in your garden because they often crawl away to secluded places to die. But you will notice that your plants are no longer being eaten!

Because of Escar-Go! actually lures snails and slugs from their hiding places, it provides control in any area that slugs frequent–even in mulched beds.

Slugs Work Under Cover Slugs and snails normally feed at night, and young garden

Slugs and snails normally feed at night, and young garden seedlings and transplants are among their favorite meals. Healthy, promising seedlings can vanish overnight, and by the time you figure out what happened, the culprits are gone. (Only 5% of the slug population is above ground at any one time. The other 95% is underground, digesting your seedlings, laying eggs and feeding on roots and seed sprouts.) As a result, slugs get away with “plant murder”…and cutworms often get the blame.

Better than Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth (D.E.) has been widely used for organic slug control, but it’s far from ideal. You have to reapply it after every rain. And even so, the results are spotty. We’ve seen slugs actually “slime” their way right over a pile of D.E. to get to the plants they cover!

But Escar-Go! controls slugs as well as, or better than, D.E. and other slug and snail remedies, including the standard chemical controls. Test after test, here and in Europe, has proven it.

Can be Used Around Pets and Wildlife
Scatter Escar-Go! granules on the soil around or near the plants to be protected. Apply particularly in damp places around beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, celery and squash and other areas favored by snails and slugs: rockeries, hedges, dichondra lawns, home citrus groves, ivy and other ground covers, where they obtain shelter by day.

The evening is the best time to apply Escar-Go! because slugs and snails travel and feed mostly at night or in the early morning. If the soil is dry, wet it before applying. Apply evenly at about 1 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft. (That’s about 1 level teaspoonful per square yard.) Reapply when you see that the bait has been consumed, or at least every two weeks. Apply more heavily if the infestation is severe, if the area is heavily watered or after long periods of heavy rain. Any Escar-Go! that isn’t eaten will degrade and become part of your garden soil. Naturally, you don’t have to worry about secondary
poisoning of pets or wildlife.

Use Oscar-Go! to protect lettuce, tomatoes, chard, cabbage, squash, corn and other vegetables from slug and snail damage. May also be used in the home orchard, in the berry patch, around hostas and other ornamentals and on lawns. In-home greenhouses may be applied to the soil in plant pots or around greenhouse benches.

Free Garden Catalog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.